Friday, August 17, 2012

Simply Smoky...


...Enfumé, Savuinen, Enfumaçado, Rauchig, Dymny, , Dimljiv, καπνώδης, Fumoso, Ahumado...

I recently posted about sunny yellow and bright bursts of colour, but what if you prefer neither and wanted the calm, moody tones of gray?...
Recientemente hice un post sobre soleados amarillos y brillantes explosiones de color, pero ¿qué tal si lo que prefieres son los relajados y temperamentales tonos del color gris?...

...And when I think about gray, the word that first comes to my mind is "sfumato." This is an Italian term derived from "fumo," meaning "smoke."
...Y cuando pienso en gris, la palabra que primero viene a mi mente es "sfumato." Este es un término italiano que deriva de "fumo,"que significa "humo."

Sfumato literally means "gone up in smoke"
Sfumato literalmente significa "convertido en humo"


When I try to describe of the grays that I am thinking, it is difficult to truly say if the color would be considered gray or brown or green or some other tone. The colors have depth and are rich, smoky, and sexy.
Cuando intento describir los grises que estoy pensando, es difícil decir sinceramente si  podrían ser considerado grises, o marrones, o verdes, o algún otro tono. Los tonos que pienso tienen profundidad, son ricos, ahumados, y atractivos.



"Gray hair is God's graffiti". Bill Cosby
"El cabello gris es el graffiti de Dios". Bill Cosby


Whatever shade you choose here’s some really gorgeous ways to wear grey...even if your choice is to go grey using hair dyes...
Cualquiera sea la tonalidad que elijas hay algunas maravillosas formas de usar gris...incluso si tu elección es volverte gris pintándote el cabello...




...Or maybe smoky eyes? Well, I personally believe it's the sexiest makeup look a woman can pull off! It's mysterious, feminine and romantic, if you don't exaggerate with the black eyeshadow. Or else, it will be more on the edgy, rocker style...
¿O tal vez "smoky eyes"? Bueno, yo creo que es el maquillaje más sensual que una mujer puede aplicarse. Es misterioso, femenino y romántico, si uno no exagera con la sombra  negra. Si no, se verá más extremo y roquero.



There is a shade of grey which will flatter us all ranging from stunning icy grey, to beautiful silvery soft dove and on to dramatic steely grey.
Hay un tono de gris que nos favorecerá más, y los rangos parten desde el imponente gris hielo, al hermoso plateado suave, hasta el dramático gris acero.



Por definición, greyge is "no decolorado o teñido; inacabado;
sin procesar"


And there is a tone called "greyge", this tone received that name because of the mix of grey + beige. The mix of those two colors resulted in a discrete subtle colors, being as chic as nude.
Y también hay un tono llamado "greyge", este tono recibe su nombre porque es la unión de gris + beige. La mezcla de estos colores resulta en un color sutil y discreto, que resulta tan elegante como el "nude".



 

"Greyge" is classic and warm, and always elegant, and there is something quite enchanting about its dusky hues...
El "greyge" es clásico y cálido, y siempre resulta elegante, tiene algo bastante encantador en sus tonalidades sombrías...





Grey in a room doesn't have to mean that it's museum-like in nature, though. In fact, a great "greyge" piece of furniture can really bring together an otherwise eclectic room.
Usar gris en un ambiente, no necesariamente le brindará un aspecto museo. Es un hecho, que una interesante pieza de mobiliario "greyge" puede realmente darle sentido a una habitación ecléctica.


 

Worried about being too subtle?  Keep things from getting dreary with a punch of gold. Of course, gold often creates a sense of traditional luxury and glamour.
¿Estás preocupada por resultar demasiado sutil?  Evita que las cosas se pongan tristes con un toque de dorado. Claro que el dorado generalmente consigue un aspecto tradicional, lujoso y con glamour.



Architectural Classics. Bank of London Buenos Aires – Clorindo 
Testa and SEPRA3


Grey is one of the most ecologically friendly colors that an architect can use. Grey requires less cleaning to appear welcoming. The result is calming rather than boring, elegant rather than utilitarian.
El gris es uno de los tonos más ecológicamente amigables que un arquitecto puede usar. El gris requiere menos limpieza para resultar agradable. Y el resultado se percibe relajado, en lugar de aburrido, y elegante en lugar de utilitario.

 


The color grey is like black and white, a wardrobe staple that never goes out of season.
El gris es como el blanco y el negro, una pieza del guardarropas que nunca pasa de moda.


Silvery grey: the brighter side of grey...
Gris plateado: el lado brillante del gris...


Well, I can tell you that none of us need to be frightened of wearing grey. You can buy gray  in the most luxurious fabrics you can afford, like a top grade wool in stunning silvery...
Bueno, les puedo asegurar que nadie tiene que preocuparse de usar gris. Puedes comprar gris en las telas más lujosas que puedas pagar, como una lana de primera en un llamativo plateado...




...or you can buy it in the simplest ones, like cotton... And because grey is a colour which is not as harsh as black, it will provide a softer, more flattering look for us.
...o puedes comprarlo en las más sencillas, como el algodón...Y como el gris no es tan duro como el negro, lograremos un aspecto micho más suave y atractivo.



 esperando mejores por venir.


Of course, it's a little hard to get excited about a colour which is usually the epitome of dull, but don't get too grey...follow the advise above...
Claro que es un poco difícil sentirse emocionada por un color que usualmente es el epítome de lo soso, pero no te sientas gris...sigue el concejo de arriba...





Usually when the overcast skies outside are grey and so is my mood, I wish the sun would take a sneak peak from beneath the grey clouds and shower us with its warm light...
You see, living in the grey does not come naturally to me...
Normalmente cuando el cielo está cubierto y gris, así está mi estado de ánimo,cómo me gustaría que el sol se asome, apenas, entre las nubes grises y nos bañe con su cálida luz...
Verás, vivir en el gris no me sale naturalmente...


“You can never got a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me”. 
C.S. Lewis
"Nunca puedes tener una taza de té lo suficientemente grande o un libro lo 
suficientemente largo para que me guste" 
C.S. Lewis


I know there are tons of great things to enjoy during a gray day of Winter, like a really big mug of hot tea and a great book...
Sé que hay montones de cosas maravillosas para disfrutar durante los días grises del invierno, como un enorme tazón de té y un buen libro...

...Some days I allow myself to get caught up thinking about something as only "black" or "white", and I often miss out on the various depths of things. I know I miss out on seeing the true complexities of the world around me.
...Good or bad, right or wrong, liberal or conservative, traditional or modern, in, out, black or white...
...Algunos días me encuentro pensando acerca de cualquier cosa en términos de "blanco" o "negro", a menudo no encuentro las diferentes profundidades que tienen algunos temas. O no alcanzo a apreciar la verdadera complejidad del mundo que me rodea...
...Bueno o malo, correcto o equivocado, liberal o conservador, tradicional o moderno, adento, afuera, blanco o negro...

...I’m starting to think grey might be a good color for me...
...Estoy comenzando a pensar que el gris podría ser un buen color para mi...


What about you...Are you a black and white kind of person? Or do you see the world in a million shades of grey?
Y tú...¿Eres una persona de blancos y negros? ¿O ves al mundo en millones de tonos grises?






Big hugs!

¡Abrazos!



Inés


PS: Of course if it isn't enough grey already to you, then check here
PD: Claro que si no tuviste suficiente gris todavía, entonces chequea aquí.



43 comments:

  1. I see the world in million shades of pink :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love grey, and smokey eyes. and M.A.C,!!! Great step by step video!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolina, glad you like it!! Btw: I totally fancy M.A.C. too!
      Kisses!

      Delete
  3. Stunning... Have a mice week end darling..kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never worn grey in my life...I always considered it to be a dreary colour and unflattering to my olive skin tone. A few months back, while shopping and not intending to buy anything, I was gobsmacked by a dark grey cashmere sweater. The colour was mysterious. I tried it on and wondered where grey has been all my life.

    I agree, it's elegant and timeless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Rosa, it's timeless and elegant especially in cashmere!!
      Big hugs,sweetie!

      Delete
  5. I love all the grey and greyge pictures you selected Ines...you even thought about the earl grey tea!!!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Inès, tour sélection is really inspiring...merci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lejos el post en que mas me he identificado! Me encantó.

    Besos,
    Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Por suerte tenemos días grises, ya que nos permiten apreciar lo lindo que son los días soleados!
    Me encantaron las fotos! Especialmente el makkeup de M•A•C ... Por que será ?
    Besos !!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see many shades of grey Ines .. definitely NOT just black and white. Love the greyge look too! Here in Seattle, we have grey days often. Some complain, I love it. It's calming and the climate is easy to cope with.. not a lot of extremes in temperature. So many options with clothes and make up. I'm lusting over the black leather and grey combination.. gorgeous.. and love the grey shadows.

    Beautiful post Ines :) always look forward to stopping by!
    xx
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those black leather and grey combos are the coolest, Leslie!. Totally caught my eye as well. Thanks for your lovely note, darling!
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  10. Me encanta el gris, es tan elegante! Me encanta tu blog!

    http://cravingforbarneys.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. All very lovely photos Ines....glad to have found your blog! GREY has always been my color for the cooler months ahead...it's so classy & highly remixable!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Rebeca. Thanks for your lovely note!
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  12. I am definitely in love with grey right now- paint, nail polish, bags, clothes. I adore your blog and have followed back. I hope you're having a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! You certainly are, Julie! and you too, dear. Have a wonderful one:)
      Kisses!

      Delete
  13. I would say I've definitely been a grey girl for the past 2 years. I wear it much more often in the Fall and Winter. It's softer than black and white, but just as versatile. I really LOVE your inspiration photos. Just so pretty!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny!!! (So sweet of you).
      Big hugs!

      Delete
  14. love everything!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hola guapa¡¡ acabo de conocer tu blog y me ha encantado. Te invito a conocer mi blog, y si te gusta a seguirnos mutuamente. Qué te parece?? Te espero¡¡muakkk

    ReplyDelete
  16. te sigo de vuelta guapa¡¡ gracias por contestar a mi comentario y seguirme¡¡ me ha encantado el post¡¡¡ lo cierto es que la combinación de grises es muy elegante¡¡ nos leemos¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  17. Por cierto, te he escrito el comentario antes de darle a seguir, y voy a hacerlo ahora y no veo tu cajita de GFC,me ayudas porfi?? donde la tienes o como puedo seguirte? muakk

    ReplyDelete
  18. love it! great transition into fall! x

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Grey is actually my favourite colour so I was in heaven scrolling through this post! For me, there is no colour more soothing and calming yet moody and intense than grey...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my same thought, Megan. I truly adore this color though.
      Kisses!

      Delete
  20. Hermosisimo. Es el color de nuestra nueva casa. Me encanto. Te amo, mami
    <<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siii! me vendría bárbaro una foto de la fachada, no?
      Te quiero Mami!

      Delete
  21. Thank you, Arden! I wear black, white and grey color all year round!, Hehe!!
    Big hugs, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Early in my design career I learned that gray was the color of indecision so I refused to use it in my home….I always loved wearing it…Now, looking back I wish I'd never listened to that teacher that told me that! I love gray and I want my entire home decorated in gray! It's beautiful and all colors go well with it! Maybe I should embrace those annoying gray hairs that are popping up as well! Thanks for posting this! It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love gray - it's so elegant I think and I love how you have put all of this together Ines.

    Joanne

    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Elegantísimo, es la primera palabra que se me viene a la mente!!! Me encanta el gris para matizar tenidas de colores fuertes, con flúor y negro queda precioso :)
    Y mi dato curioso, gris en japonés se dice algunas veces como "nezumi iro", lo que quiere decir, el color de los ratoncitos!!! jajaja...
    Saludos :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me encanto el post, me estoy poniendo al día y es precioso realmente todo lo que expresas <3. El gris es un color especial, puede dar un toque especial a los conjuntos, y restringirse a blanco o negro ya no va ( en todo sentido de la vida), matizar, combinar, crecer eso me hace sentir el gris.

    <3 que estés super bien Ines, cuidate!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ¨A mix of Light and Dark used together to form a perfect outcome¨

    The Lord D.V

    ReplyDelete
  27. Unas imágenes preciosas, como siempre. Qué buen gusto tienes!! Un besazo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. mencantan todas la fotos(: te sigo espero que tu tambiien amii
    unbeso
    http://styleandfashionbysofi.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much for your lovely comment!!!Your blog is amazing!! I follow you now through Bloglovin!!! I can´t see GFC!!! :)

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete