Sunday, June 10, 2012

Simply Dad...

...Papa, Vati, Paizinho, μπαμπάς, Papà,  Papá...

Where do I start? How do I tell my dad happy Father’s Day and 
really do it justice? I mean, I don’t think I’ll ever have 
enough time to write how much he means to me. 
Do I thank him? After all, he did a lot for me and he taught me 
everything. Seems only right to thank him.
¿Por dónde empiezo? De qué forma le deseo a mi papá feliz día 
del padre y realmente le hago justicia? Es decir, no creo que 
jamás tenga suficiente tiempo para escribirle cuánto significa 
para mi. ¿Le doy las gracias? después de todo, él hizo tanto 
por mi y me enseñó tantas cosas que parece justo agradecérselo.


Guillermo, my daddy...
Mi papá, Guillermo...


I love when daddy smiles!
Me encanta cuando papi sonríe!


So here it is, dad... thank you for:
Así que papi...Gracias por:

1. creating me.
1. hacerme.
2. feeding and clothing me.
2. alimentarme y vestirme.
3. all the times you held me up above your head balancing me on 
just one hand and scaring the crap out of me.
3. todas las veces que me levantaste con una mano sobre tu 
cabeza asustándome de muerte.
4. all the times you held my hands and swung me around, spinning 
in circles so I could feel like I was flying.
4. todas las veces que me hiciste "avioncito" girándome alrededor 
tuyo para que pudiera sentir que volaba.
5. all the times you tickled me and made me laugh until I 
couldn’t breath.
5. toda las veces que me hiciste cosquillas en la panza haciéndome 
reir hasta no poder respirar.
6. teaching me about respecting others.
6. enseñarme  a respetar a los demás.
7. teaching me not to get bullied and how to take care of myself, 
I wasn’t a fast learner on that, I know...
7. enseñarme a hacerme respetar y a cuidar de mi misma, no fui 
muy rápida para aprender eso, lo sé...
8. supporting me every time I “discussed” my ideas with the nuns 
at school...
8. apoyarme, cada vez que "discutía" mis ideas con las monjas en 
la escuela...
9. making me love to reed.
9. hacerme amar la lectura.
10. making me listen the Gatopardo waltz over and over (never 
thought I’d say that!)
10. hacerme escuchar el vals del Gatopardo una y otra vez 
(¡nunca pensé que diría eso!)
11. teaching me to roller skate, and do it with me.
11. enseñarme a patinar, y patinar conmigo. 
12. making me help mum doing house work...I still don’t like it.
12. hacerme ayudar a mami con las tareas de la casa...todavía 
no me gusta.  
13. telling me over and over and over, “You can be anything you 
want to be.”
13. decirme una y otra vez, "Puedes ser lo que te propongas".
14. that first ride in your Torino. When you drove really fast 
and made it “dance” right and left and scared me to DEATH! 
Remember what I said? “Let’s do it again!” That’s got to be one 
of the most memorable momments in my life with you. I got so much 
excitement from that ride, I will never forget it. 
14. esa primera vuelta en tu Torino. Cuando manejaste muy rápido 
y lo hiciste "bailar" de derecha a izquierda ¡y me diste un susto 
bárbaro! ¿Te acuerdas lo que dije? "¡Otra vez, papi!" Ese fue uno 
de los días más memorables que pasamos. ¡Estaba tan excitada!, 
no lo voy a olvidar nunca.
15. teaching me to believe in my ideals.
15. enseñarme a confiar en mis ideas.  
16. my motorcicle. It wasn’t very big or powerful, but I 
did more than ok driving that thing. Well, unless you count that 
last crash, and Andrea’s brocken leg… Really sorry about that.. 
Even though I sit here giggling about it. 
16. mi moto. No era muy poderosa o grande, pero la pasé genial 
manejándola. Bueno, a menos que cuentes ese último choque, y la 
pierna rota de Andrea...Lo siento mucho por eso...Aunque me dé 
risa recordarlo.
17. not getting too mad when Caro, and I sneaked out to 
Buenos Aires...Remember that one?
17. no enojarte tanto cuando Caro y yo nos escapamos a Buenos Aires...
¿Te acuerdas? 
18. going shopping with me when I was a teenager 'cause Mom 
had no more patience with me...And buying every extravagant 
outfit I wanted becase you didn’t have a clue about clothes prices... 
My daddy didn’t raise no fool!
18. ir de compras conmigo cuando era adolescente, porque mami 
ya no me tenía paciencia...y comprarme todas esas prendas extravagantes 
que quería porque no tenías ni idea del precio de la ropa...¡Mi papi 
no crió ninguna tonta!
19. paying for my apartment in Buenos Aires. Living that year by 
myself was nice and I had fun.
19  comprarme mi departamento en Buenos Aires. Vivir sola ese año 
fue genial y me divertí. 
20. still not being mad at me about that apartment. 
20. no seguir enojado por ese departamento. 
21. paying my architecture studies... 
21. pagar mis estudios de arquitectura...
22. helping me and Estebi with our first home, and that first great job.
22. ayudarnos a Estebi y a mi con nuestra primera casa y con nuestro 
primer gran empleo. 
23. helping us when Ana was born... 
23. ayudarme cuando nació Ana...
24. coming back from Mexico because of your new grandaughter. 
It meant the world to me.
24. volver de Méjico por tu nueva nieta. Significó todo para mí.
25. understanding we had to move to Santiago to keep growing... 
25. entender que teníamos que mudarnos a Santiago para seguir 
creciendo...
26. rush­ing to Santiago with mum every time I need you. 
26. correr a Santiago con mami cada vez que te necesito. 
27. being the best grandaddy to my children now!
27. ¡ser el mejor abuelo para mis hijos!
28. believing in me, and supporting me, like a woman, a mum and 
a professional.
28. creer en mí, y apoyarme como mujer, como mamá y como profesional.
29. preparing me for the life that has been thrown at me. You 
and mom will always be my rock. 
29. prepararme para la vida que me tocó. Vos y mami siempre serán mi 
roca.
30. being in my life. I love you!.
30. estar en mi vida. ¡Te amo papito!.

Wait!. Did I say thank you for making me listen that Gatopardo waltz?
¡Espera! ¿Dije que te agradecía por hacerme escuchar 
el vals del Gatopardo? 
STOP!! I TAKE THAT ONE BACK!!
¡¡PARA!! ¡¡RETIRO LO DICHO!!

So, Happy Fathers Day again Dad!!
and Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there! 
Así que ¡¡Feliz Día del Padre otra vez papi!! y ¡Feliz Día del Padre a todos los demás papás también!


Kisses & hugs!
¡Besos & abrazos!


Inés

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post Inés! Happy Fathers Day to Guillermo!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy Father's day Ines..have a nice day!!kisses

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRI: HERMOSISISMO LO QUE LE ESCRIBISTE A PAPI!!!!!! ME EMOCIONE MUCHO!!!!!!!!!!!! QUE GRAN HOMBRE.....ADORABLE.- TE AMO.-ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andre!!! Qué bueno que te gustó, hermanita, y SI, estoy con vos, es uno de los mejores!
      Te amo!

      Delete
  4. Bella, fue un golpe bajo tu post. Realmente me has hecho sentir feliz por tantos recuerdos (Torino, moto, depto. Zapiola, huauuu!!!). Te amo y estoy orgulloso de vos, tus hermanos, Esteban y tus hijos fantásticos. Te amo, bebé. Ojo!: sin tu madre nada hubiera sido así. Un gran beso y hermoso viaje, disfruten que lo merecen ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Papucho! Te quiero mucho, y te extrañé un montonazo hoy! ojalá que lo hayas pasado genial, y estoy de acuerdo, sin mami, ni siquiera habrías sido mi padre!!! jijiji!
      Besotes!

      Delete
  5. what a sweet post! hope you had a nice weekend! x

    www.beckspick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inés, this post is amazing! I completely understand what you mean!
    I feel the same way about my father as you do !:)

    xx
    Bree

    me-travelleroftheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, Ines. This makes me teary eyed. I can relate so many of these things with my dad. Hope your dad had a wonderful Father's Day! And sweetie, thank you so much for your sweet encouragement the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wwllcome, Danie! Hope you are feeling better, my friend!
      Big hugs!

      Delete